Saturday, January 10, 2009

Testifying to God with our lives

They answered, "We saw clearly that the LORD was with you." (Gen 26:28)

And the Lord was with Joseph, and he was a prosperous man; and he was in the house of his master the Egyptian. And his master saw that the Lord was with him, and that the Lord made all that he did to prosper in his hand. (Gen 39:2-3)

"The LORD was with him, and Hezekiah was successful in everything he did." (2 Kings 18:7)


The Lord was with Him. This was true of Isaac, Joseph and Hezekiah and they prospered and were successful. Moses said to God: "If your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here." (Ex 33:15). Today, God is with us all the time through the Holy Spirit, with whom we have been sealed.

But what intrigues me is what Abimelech's servants said to Isaac, "We SAW CLEARLY that the Lord was with you." God's presence was so real in Isaac's life, that even the pagans around him could recognise it. I, too, want to be like Isaac, Joseph and Hezekiah, for whom it was said, "The Lord was with him."

Prayer today: Lord Jesus, we can testify to you through our lives. I want to testify to you through my life, so that those around me will say "We saw clearly that the Lord was with you". I want to be a signpost to you. I want those around me to recognise that there is something different about the way I lead my life, and ask, Why?, that you may be glorified. Help me, Lord, not to fear standing out in this way; that I may like a thermostat not a thermometer. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment