Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Even when we think we lose, we win!

"You know that I've worked for your father with all my strength, 7 yet your father has cheated me by changing my wages ten times. However, God has not allowed him to harm me. 8 If he said, 'The speckled ones will be your wages,' then all the flocks gave birth to speckled young; and if he said, 'The streaked ones will be your wages,' then all the flocks bore streaked young. 9 So God has taken away your father's livestock and has given them to me." (Gen 31:6-9)

Laban keeps trying to shortchange Jacob. But all his plans keep being thwarted by God, because God is on Jacob's side. Truly, "If God is for us, who can be against us?" (Romans 8:31). Jacob doesn't even need to strive against his enemy. God fights for him, and overturns Laban's best-laid plans. Even when we think we lose, WE WIN!

Prayer today: Father God, I am reminded of how Satan tried to cause Job's faith to fail. But you kept Job in the faith, and ultimately, blessed him with more than he had in the beginning. When Jesus died, it seemed for a while that all was lost. But that was the final victory. When the enemy comes in like a flood, The Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him. (Isaiah 59:19) Father, I rest secure in your love for me, and your promise to defend and vindicate those who are yours. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment