Monday, January 12, 2009

Redemption's story

"For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners." (Matt 9:13)

It's crossed my mind: can someone so cross the line as to be beyond redemption? You know... the point of no return. My conclusion was no, because for a truly repentent sinner, no matter how vile, Jesus' blood, shed on Calvary, is enough. It was a 'once for all' sacrifice, and He is the only high priest ever to sit in the tabernacle, because the work is done. Boy, am I glad that Jesus did not come to call the righteous, but sinners. "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool." (Isaiah 1:18)

Prayer today: "Holy, Holy, is what the angels sing; And I expect to help them make the courts of heaven ring. But when I sing redemption’s story, they will fold their wings. For angels never felt the joy that our salvation brings." Thank you Lord Jesus for shedding your blood on Calvary to save sinners like me. Help me to grasp the greatness of your love, and to respond in love to you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment