Monday, January 26, 2009

One + God is a majority

13 Moses answered the people, "Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. 14 The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still." (Exodus 14:13-14)

Tonight the thought occurred to me, God has poured out so much grace to me. So much grace. Everything good in my life, God has initiated:

1. He initiated my salvation - the greatest gift of all. Praise God.

2. He initiates my sanctification. "The Lord disciplines those He loves." (Heb 12:6) God has lovingly reproved me when I haven't even known I was sinning against Him with my heart attitude. But I would have it no other way. This too, is a sign of His love toward me.

3. He initiates the inner healing that has taken place in my life; uncovering the areas He wants to deal with so I can be set free. Everything is in His perfect timing. He leads us step by step - "The LORD your God will drive out those nations before you, little by little." (Deut 7:22)

If God is the great initiator, I can totally believe He is also the great deliverer. "The Lord will fight for you; you need only to stand still." We need only to call upon Abba Father to help us.

Prayer today: At the end of the day, Father, everything we are, everything we have, every good gift we own originates from you because you initiated it all. I thank you Father, because you are active in our lives, to do us good and to bless us. Even in the day of battle, you will intervene on our behalf. You say, "Call on me in the day of trouble. I will deliver you, and you will honor me." (Psalms 50:15) With such a great God in our lives, what is there to fear. Hallelujah. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment