Sunday, January 11, 2009

I will watch over you wherever you go

"I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you."(Gen 28:15)

God watches us wherever we go. In Psalms 121, it says "He will not let your foot slip - He who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, He who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep." In Psalm 32, he says "I will counsel you and watch over you."

And one of my favourite verses is 2 Chron 16:9 "For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect towards him."

God not only sends His angels to protect us, He himself watches over us, and we are under His special care.

Prayer today: Father God, you are a God who neither slumbers nor sleeps, and you watch over me intently. So I rest safe in the knowledge that nothing happens to me except by your design, for my good and your glory. Help me rest in thee alone. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment