Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A believer's identity and destiny

"For God's gifts and his call are irrevocable." (Romans 11:29)

At YWAM's iDTS school last Saturday, we learnt about Identity and Destiny. What is our identity in Christ? What is our destiny? They teach that in YWAM because God calls us to lead purposeful lives. And God places a wonderful calling on each of our lives ... we just need to know it!

As believers, our identity is an awesome one - we are children of our Abba Father, the Great High God. That blows my mind away. Our destiny...or calling in life... is more tricky, and often, it's as we walk close to God that we know what it is.

Today, a colleague told me about a friend who was undergoing cancer. It started off as a cancer in the lung but has spread to the brain. It's a tough road but this cancer sufferer's journey is made just a little easier with the help of a caring oncologist. This oncologist is a Christian, and every morning, she would gather all her patients' files and pray over them. WOW! This really inspires me. Talk about identity and destiny. This oncologist's identity is as a child of God. Her destiny is to use her God-given skills as a doctor to treat the sick, to make them better. But what a power-packed destiny it is, because she also has access to the throne of grace of her Abba Father, who is God Almighty! May I also walk out my God-given destiny by accessing the love and power of my Abba Father, to bless those around me.

Prayer today: Father God, as your children, we are highly privileged. Help me to use my God-given skills, but more importantly my access to you, to bless those around me. Help me to always remember my identity as a child of God, and live out my full destiny. All the days of my life were written in your book before one of them came to be. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment