Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus

Friday, my dad passed on and went home to the Lord.  Sunday, we had the funeral service. When I reached home, I couldn't stop humming the hymn "Jesus, Jesus, how I trust you." I don't know where that came from, because we didn't sing it in the funeral service. I just think the Lord put it there because it's a truth he wants me to hold onto - that he is eminently trustworthy.

Picking up from my earlier blogpost, David Wilkerson writes: "Let me tell you what truly satisfies the heart of our Lord. It is the child of His who completely rests in His love, His power, and His wisdom. It is the child who can say, "I know He has all power, He can heal and save by whatever means He chooses - but He also is all wisdom, and I will trust completely even when I don't understand His workings."



And here is the wonderful story behind the hymn. 



’Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, 
Just to take Him at His Word; 
Just to rest upon His promise, 
And to know, “Thus saith the Lord!” 

Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him! 
How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er; 
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus! 
Oh, for grace to trust Him more! 

Oh, how sweet to trust in Jesus, 
Just to trust His cleansing blood; 
And in simple faith to plunge me 
’Neath the healing, cleansing flood! 

Yes, ’tis sweet to trust in Jesus, 
Just from sin and self to cease; 
Just from Jesus simply taking 
Life and rest, and joy and peace. 

I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee, 
Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend; 
And I know that Thou art with me, 
Wilt be with me to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment