Sunday, December 26, 2010

I will offer up my life (this thankful heart)

As I reflect on the year gone by, I cannot help but be full of gratitude to the Lord for His goodness. Indeed, He is good. While I was in Kwang Lim, I realised I had the greatest blessing possible - knowing God, and being known by Him.

But he's also blessed me with so much more. This week, I realised I am a product of so much grace; and am loved by so many people ... God, family and friends.

Yesterday, as the prayer team gathered for an Xmas party, one of my friends asked how my Korea trip went. Then she asked, "Were you sick at the last leg of the trip?" I nodded. My fellow trippers would know that towards the tailend of the trip, I had a left arm that was in pain, a nose that was dripping like a tap, and fingers that were peeling from the dryness of the cold winter. But how did this intercessor and friend in Singapore know that? I certainly didn't tell her. But the Lord did. And because the Lord did, unbeknownst to me, she and another friend had been interceding for me in Singapore!!! I was tremendously touched, and felt sooooo blessed. In situations like this, it just reinforces to me that the Lord takes care of His sheep! :)) He tells his children supernaturally what his other children might be going through so they can pray for one another. And this is the blessing of being part of the body of Christ - where we cover each other and lift each other up before the Father. WOW!!!! So blessed. So blessed.

Then today, I spent the better part of the day with another Christian friend, just sharing with each other what God has been doing in our lives. And I am grateful for the people God has put in my life, whom I can journey with.

So this song - Matt Redman's "I will offer up my life" that we sang in church today just captures a wonderful 2010 gone by.

Jesus, what can I give, what can I bring
To so faithful a friend, to so loving a King?
Savior, what can be said, what can be sung
As a praise of Your name
For the things You have done?
Oh my words could not tell, not even in part
Of the debt of love that is owed
By this thankful heart


No comments:

Post a Comment