Sunday, May 17, 2009

Serving God in our generation

For the very work that the Father has given me to finish, and which I am doing, testifies that the Father has sent me. (John 5:36)

God gave Jesus work on earth to finish. Likewise, I believe He creates us all for a purpose and a reason. The Bible says of David, "For David...served the purpose of God in his own generation" (Acts 13:36) It is my desire that God would say that of me too at the end of my life's journey.

Was reading an Os Hillman devotional last week and it said, "Success is fulfilling the complete purpose for which God made you. It has nothing to do with wealth, accomplishments, stature in life, or standard of living. It has to do with living a life of obedience to the Father. And when we live a life of obedience to the Father, we will fulfill the purposes that God had in mind when he made you and me."

I also particularly like the prayer Os says he prays for others frequently, which is: "Lord, may you fulfill every purpose for which you made them. May there be no inheritance left on the table that he/she is entitled to."

Prayer today: Lord Jesus, help me fulfill every purpose for which you made me. At my life's end, may there be no inheritance left on the table that I am entitled to. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment