Saturday, February 21, 2009

People, lives and lasting value

"As Jesus walked beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and his brother Andrew casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. 17"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." 18At once they left their nets and followed him." (Mark 1:16)

My Myers-Briggs personality type is INTP - which makes me very task-oriented, so I need to always remind myself that God is totally people-oriented. We care a lot about activity. He cares about lives. When he called his disciples, he had one job description for them - to be 'fishers of men'. Ray Boltz's song "Thank You" underscores this - when we are in Heaven - what has lasting value are the people whose lives we've touched here on earth.



Prayer today: Father God, help me realise that just as you care about people, so you call us to love others; to point them to you. In my busyness, help me O God to make time for what's truly important - friends, family and relationships. Help me get my priorities right, and to live for what has lasting value. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment