Sunday, November 18, 2018

The call of God

"God calls me. In a deeper sense than any other species of earthbound creature, I am called. And in a deeper sense I am free, for I can ignore the call. I can turn a deaf ear. I can say that no call came. I can deny that God called or even that God exists. What an amazing grace -- that the One who made me allows me to deny His existence! God created me with the power to disobey, for the freedom to obey would be nothing at all without the corresponding freedom to disobey. I can answer no, or I can answer yes. My fulfillment as a human being depends on my answer, for it is a loving Lord who calls me through the world's fog to His island of peace. If I trust Him, I will obey Him gladly." (Elizabeth Elliot, Discipline: The Glad Surrender)

All of us are called.  First: to acknowledge that without Jesus, we are lost.  And to therefore receive His invitation to be Lord and Saviour of our lives. Second, to acknowledge that being saved, He has a purpose and destiny for our lives, if we would yield to His call on us.

How will you respond today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment