Saturday, October 3, 2015

The Daily Walk of the Christian

I don't know at what point I forgot that the walk of the Christian is a daily one; until the Lord shone upon my heart and brought to remembrance a few key verses.

Then he said to them all: "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me." (Luke 9:23)

"Give us this day our daily bread" (The Lord's prayer, Matthew 6:11)

Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went home. And in his upper room, with his windows open toward Jerusalem, he knelt down on his knees three times that day, and prayed and gave thanks before his God, as was his custom since early days (Daniel 6:10)

In the morning, O Lord, you will hear my voice; in the morning, I will order my prayer to you and eagerly watch. (Psalm 5:3)

I realised that the Bible specifies how often we should talk to our Father and the great King (every day), how often we should take up our cross and follow Jesus (every day). Our walk is ongoing, daily. Our time set aside to spend with the Lord needs to be daily, not weekly, fortnightly, monthly or annually.  I wonder how I lost sight of that.

The Lord wants us to approach him daily because his mercies for us are not canned, they are new every  morning. I know He has fresh manna for me every day!  Hallelujah!

"It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning, great is thy faithfulness." (Lamentations 3:22-23)

No comments:

Post a Comment