Friday, October 26, 2012

Set A Fire (Will Reagan and United Pursuit)



When Jeremiah is called to be a prophet to the nations, he is also called to obediently share God's word even though all of it would fall upon deaf ears. He will be ridiculed, rebuffed, rejected. There is a point where he realises the futility of so much of what he is called to do.

Yet he says in Jeremiah 20:9
If I say, “I will not mention his word
or speak anymore in his name,
his word is in my heart like a fire,
a fire shut up in my bones.
I am weary of holding it in;
indeed, I cannot."

Praying that He will send a fire down our souls to purify our lives, send a fire into our hearts so that we will burn with passion for the things that matter to Him. May we say like the prophet Jeremiah, "His word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones, I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot."

No comments:

Post a Comment