Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Father's Love (Matt Redman)



I heard this song at the YWAM Associates retreat over the past four days, and have been playing it over and over again since. I find it so incredibly ministering ... and have broken down in tears just listening to it, and to know just how much God loves us. Over the last few days, one of the things I discovered about God is that what pleases Him is to see His children be just who He created them to be. At the meeting, we had 4 Samoans. These indigenous people have a special anointing, I believe, as a warring tribe. When one of the Samoans, a huge man, danced his native warrior dance in honour of the Lord, I could feel God's delight all over. It breaks my heart to know He loves us, he loves us, he loves us. We don't need to perform to earn that love, He loves us because we are His.

How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! (1 John 3:1)

The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. (Zephaniah 3:17)

The Father's Love

I have heard so many songs
Listened to a thousand tongues
But there is one
That sounds above them all
[Sounds above them all]

The Father's song
The Father's love
You sung it over me and for eternity
It's written on my heart

CHORUS

It's Heaven's perfect mystery
The king of love has sent for me
And now you're singing over me
The Father's song

No comments:

Post a Comment