Friday, October 21, 2011

Brian Doerksen: Resting place

This beautiful song is based on Isaiah 66. It blows my mind that God desires to dwell among men. He says "where will my resting place be"? In Genesis, God walks with men in the garden in the cool of the evening. After man sins, the entire bible chronicles God's singular mission to reconcile man to Himself through the death of Christ, so He can dwell with us once again.

Rev 21 shows His heartbeat and what happens at the End of the Age: "Then I saw 'a new heaven and a new earth' for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God."

I am just awestruck by the Father's great love for us!

While that is what happens at the story's end, in the meantime, our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit. What an amazing privilege that God Himself should dwell with us, in our hearts!



Heaven is my throne
And earth is my footstool
Where is the house you will build for me?
Whom of you will hear the cry of my heart?
Where will my resting place be?

Here Oh Lord
Have I prepared for You a home
Long have I desired for You to dwell
Here Oh Lord
Have I prepared a resting place
Here Oh Lord I wait for You alone

No comments:

Post a Comment