Sunday, May 15, 2011

Show me your face, Lord (Paul Wilbur)

It says in Exodus 33, "The LORD would speak to Moses face to face, as one speaks to a friend." Wow. Would I want to be known as God's friend.

What was Moses' secret? I believe that it is that above all things, He wanted to know God.

And Moses said to God, "If you are pleased with me, teach me your ways so I may know you and continue to find favor with you."

Would we yearn, above all things, for intimacy with God.

This song by Paul Wilbur just beautifully captures the prayer of my heart.



Moses stood on the mountain
Waiting for You to pass by
You placed Your hand over his face
In Your presence he wouldn't die
All Israel saw your glory
and it shines down through the Age
and you call us to boldly seek your face

Show me your face Lord
Show me your face
And then gird up my legs
that I might stand in this holy place
Show me your face Lord
Your power and your grace -
I will make it to the end
If I could just see your face.

David knew there was something more
than the Ark of Your presence
In a manger Messiah was born
amongst Kings and peasants
All Israel saw the glory
and it shines down through the Age
Now you've called us o boldly seek your face

No comments:

Post a Comment