Friday, February 26, 2010

What does God want to do with all His heart and all His soul?

Now therefore, thus says the Lord, the God of Israel, concerning this city of which you say, ‘It shall be delivered into the hand of the king of Babylon by the sword, by the famine, and by the pestilence: 37 Behold, I will gather them out of all countries where I have driven them in My anger, in My fury, and in great wrath; I will bring them back to this place, and I will cause them to dwell safely. 38 They shall be My people, and I will be their God; 39 then I will give them one heart and one way, that they may fear Me forever, for the good of them and their children after them. 40 And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from doing them good; but I will put My fear in their hearts so that they will not depart from Me. 41 Yes, I will rejoice over them to do them good, and I will assuredly plant them in this land, with all My heart and with all My soul.’(Jeremiah 32:36-41)

These three days, I've been attending the Eastern Gate Prayer Convocation in Singapore, led by Tom Hess from the Jerusalem House of Prayer. It has been an incredible time of hearing what God has been doing in the nations, and praying for the nations. There are more salvations now than in any other time in history, in nations like Israel and the Middle East, and of course Asia! God is moving in a powerful way!

Today, as we prayed for Israel, and a sister read the passage from Jeremiah 32, these words jumped out at me.

God says, "Assuredly, I will plant them in this land, with all my heart and with all my soul." (Jeremiah 32:41)

When I heard those words, I thought to myself, "God said THAT?!"

God is a God who hates lukewarmness. He wants us, His children, to have undivided hearts. To be a people passionate for Him and His kingdom's cause. The first and greatest commandment, He tells us, is that we should love Him with all our heart, and with all our soul, and with all our mind. (Matt 22)

But until today, I didn't know there was a verse in the Bible which describes the reverse - namely, what will God do with all His heart and all His soul?

Amazingly, to me, it is to plant His chosen people (the Israelites), back in their OWN land.

This prophecy was fulfilled in 1948. We are witnesses to this. Today, the enemies of Israel continue to want to force them out of this land, even threatening to wipe them off the face of the earth.

As believers, we need to stand with Israel, and to pray against this, and the carving up of the land that God has promised them, and planted them back in.

This hit home today, in a very strong way. Because giving Israel back their land is what God wants to do with ALL HIS HEART AND ALL HIS SOUL. The only verse which describes God in this fashion. Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment